HOW TO USE THE CAMERA MENUS
The Revolution Imager features a series of a on-screen menus that allow you alter the exposure settings, adjust colours, enable stacking and host of other features. This page will introduce you to the menu system and some of the options.
the remote control
The on-screen menus are accessed and navigated using the supplied hand remote. The menus can also be accessed using the 5 buttons on the back of the camera. To access the on-screen menu press the center button on the remote. The directional up/down/left/right buttons are used to move around the menus and the center menu/ok button is used to enter different menus and select items.
the main menu
pressing the center menu/ok button brings up the main-menu. In this menu you'll find the following options:
- EXPOSURE - This menu contains the main options for controller the different exposure options of the camera: exposure time, exposure mode, gain and brightness, for example.
- LENS - This menu contains the options for altering the exposure time
- RGB/COLOR - This menu contains the options for controlling the colour and white balance options.
- DAY/NIGHT - This menu contains options for controlling the cameras ability to work in day and night. This menu is mainly used to switch the camera from colour to black & white.
- EFFECT - This menu gives you options to rotate the image to suit your telescope and adjust the sharpness of the image
- ENHANCE - This menu gives you options to enable the on-camera stacking, remove dead-pixels, and adjust gamma.
- EXIT - This menu option lets you exit the menu, save your options and reset the camera options
Tip: When changing settings, use the "SAVE & EXIT" setting at the bottom of the menu you're in. If you do not use "SAVE & EXIT" the camera will automatically revert back to the last saved settings after a short amount of time.
The other menus contain options relating the camera's security usage and do not have astronomical purposes.